Fishes have aquariums, what do plants have? Yes, that is what terrariums are! The word ‘terrarium’ itself gives away its meaning, let us break it down for better understanding, ‘terra’ means land and ‘arium’ means receptacle. Terrariums are miniature indoor gardens, planned and designed inside glassware. They are made in such a way, that, they mimic the natural ecosystem. A terrarium has four different layers, just like how the earth is made up of different layers. The different layers of the Terrarium Workshop Singapore from bottom to top are a layer of gravel, a layer of moss, a layer of soil, and a decorative layer to make the terrarium look attractive. They have a self-sustaining ecosystem and because of the humidity within, suitable plants are selected wisely. Slow-growing plants are more likely to enjoy that kind of environment. Terrarium workshops provide the perfect alternative, for those who love plants but can’t maintain them due to their busy lifestyle.
How to conduct a terrarium workshop?
- Prepare a sketch of events that will be conducted in the workshop.
- Set a goal for yourself.
- Choose a suitable place to conduct the workshop.
- Compile all the tools
- Schedule the line of events.
- Design creative templates, to attract more participants.
- Post on social media about the workshop.
That’s all. You are ready to conduct your terrarium workshop. Also, don’t forget to satisfy the audience with proper knowledge about terrariums. And if possible, then, surprise the attendees with giveaways.
How can you build a Terrarium of your own? What about the material type and size of the container?
Container may be of plastic or glass, big or small, as per the size of your plants.
- Firstly, the bottom layer made up of pebbles is filled in the container.
- Secondly, a delicate layer of charcoal is used. It plays an important role in fighting bacteria and keeps the water fresh.
- Thirdly, the soil is added. Any potting soil, thick enough to hold the roots of the plant can be used.
- Fourthly, it’s time to place the plant carefully with precautions.
Which plants are best for terrariums?
- Any plant that does not overgrow.
Examples, Cacti, Peperomia, etc.
Yes! You can add as many plants as you wish, considering the size of the container.
- Finally, same as humans as we require energy, your plants need energy too! Here comes the important procedure, that is, watering your plants and keep them in a place where the plants may receive a good amount of sunlight, but not too much, as the soil may dry up.
And do not forget to add colorful stones and decorate the terrarium with your personal touch.
What are the benefits of having a terrarium?
- One does not need to water the plants in a terrarium too often.
- It can be a simple piece of decor, that attracts the visitors’ attention, at the same time does not require much maintenance.
- Can be set up in very little space.
Who wouldn’t like creating and having a miniature garden of their own!
What are you waiting for! Pursue the points and bring about one for yourself.